Whatever else may divide us, Europe is our common home; a common fate has linked us through the centuries, and it continues to link us today.
-Leonid I. Brezhnev

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Agricultural Status I worked so hard to Achieve- Gone.


Hello again my readers. Today I saw that the agricultural standards in Russia are declining and not doing as well as they could. My collective farms seem to not be working as well as I thought they would. Last I checked, economy was fine and my collective farms were very prosperous. I technically didn’t start the collective farms idea in Russia. I actually continued the idea that Khrushchev had. Khrushchev had continued this idea from the days of Stalin, which was a long time ago. The collective farms idea was one of great success, which is why I chose to continue this idea. When I commenced with my collective farms idea, economy soared. Production was around 20 percent higher than usual, which was an amazing margin. Only when the region of Mikhail Gorbachev, who was then the First Secretary of the Stavropol Regional Committee, starting doing experiments, did the rate of production even falter. Gorbachev went against my slogan, which is “no experimentation.” Even after knowing this, he did the exact opposite. My government tried to fix this mistake by making farms work closer together in an attempt to regain the lost production time, but things never stayed the same since then. The prices apparently hiked up, and resulted in the collective farms failing. The end result is the possible termination of the collective farm idea I had worked so hard to make successful. But all things happen for a reason. Until next time, I wish you all a good bye.Gorbachev went against my GorG GorG

1 comment:

  1. The economic problems that began under your regime can be considered both a benefit and a detriment. It was a detriment because of all the hardships the Russian people suffered with economic problems. However, it was a benefit because it opened the eyes of the next few leaders, causing them to pursue reform. Unfortunately, under your regime, you continued to pursue traditional economic beliefs, eliminating all possibilities of establishing westernized economic principles. Had you opened your eyes to western ideas, agricultural problems under your regime might have been avoided.

    ReplyDelete