My blog readers, I believe that this will be my final blog post. In my previous post, I mentioned that I was accused of the recent economic failures in Russia. These accusations have become more severe, and I have now been given the responsibility of the economic stagnation. What happened was that at one point the economy, overall, just didn’t function as well as I thought it would. Production in agriculture, namely the collective farms, went down drastically. Infant mortality rates increased during this time period as well. The working conditions in factories were worsening as well. Many big problems emerged, and in such a short time. The unemployment rate in Russia increased by quite a bit as well during my rule. I tried to fix this problem with a reform of my own. In this reform I reorganized the Council of Ministries. This seemed to fix my high unemployment rate problem, but came at a price as well. With the low unemployment rate that my reform resulted in came a low productivity rate as well. Near the end of this economic stagnation, the economy of Russia was lagging behind the economy of the United States of America. I clearly remember that we were actually slightly ahead of them at the beginning of my rule. How close I was to having an active ruling period as successful as Joseph Stalin did… But there is no use in regretting it. I am happy with the way that I took care of the Soviet Union for 18 years, and regret nothing. This is Leonid Brezhnev, saying good bye to all my blog readers for the last time.
Your reign of the Soviet Union was unsuccessful because you made no reforms. Instead, you were repressive just like Stalin which is why both of you did not have high popularity ratings. Your censored citizens were unhappy and suffering...but you were too busy trying to copy Stalin that you did not even realize the problems in your country. You should be regretful. You had such a great chance to help satellite states and Russia become free nations where the people are happy. The free nations with elections would have had reforms which benefited the people, but you were too blind to see what your people needed.
ReplyDeleteWith regrets,
Vaclav Havel
Don't worry my fellow ruler of Russia. I, Stalin, have the same destiny as yours; however, you should not back down and continue to rule Russia with iron fist. Without a fair amount of repression in Russia, there would be more rebellions and instability although many would think the opposite. The radical and ultimate state of democracy should not be obtained by Russian citizens, for they would become too free without restraint and ultimately overthrow communism. Be not regretful and continue your good works. A nation would not succeed without just the right amount of force and repression.
ReplyDeleteAffectionately,
Stalin
Comrade,
ReplyDeleteI feel that as best as you did your job, you could have done more. These problems you left on the shoulders of your successor, and I as well. Perhaps a policy of open-mindedness and economic reform through a more "humane" approach could have fixed our beloved nation.
Yet still, it is sad to see you go. I wish you luck with the rest of your future years.
Signed,
Comrade Gorbachev