Whatever else may divide us, Europe is our common home; a common fate has linked us through the centuries, and it continues to link us today.
-Leonid I. Brezhnev

Friday, April 15, 2011

Russia:Is it following the fate of Romania?


Hello my blog readers... I have something very solemn that I would like to talk to you about today. I now realize that I am not very liked in my country because of a serious accusation. I am shocked to hear that I have been accused of holding responsibility of the downfall in economy. I also hope that if I am to resign or to die before a solution to this crisis is found, that Russia will not follow in the footsteps of Romania and acquire the same fate given to Romania. The problems in Romania started in 1948, before I achieved the status of General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. The problems started when Nicolae Ceauşescu became the ruler of Romania. Both Ceauşescu and his wife Elena created a very limiting regime for the people of Romania. Because of this, the people of Romania hated both Ceauşescu and his wife with a great passion. This problem seemed to grow worse, as Ceauşescu started to use the Securitate, which was the secret police force, as a weapon to satisfy the rebellious protestors. The people of Romania could take this intense autocracy no longer and, with the support of the army, rebelled against Ceauşescu and his wife. They were both tried and sentenced to death for repression. I can only hope that Russia will not break into a civil war and become something that Russia is not. I continue to worry, but know that there is nothing I can do to stop this if it happens. I shall compose another statement when I feel the time is right. I say good bye to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Your doctrine caused an eternal hatred for the Czechoslovakians and the Hungarians. Your policy has killed many and ruined the Prague of Spring. I decided to allow the satellite states to choose their own fate. They both turned capitalist, and your doctrine caused the first blow to the destruction of the Soviet Union.
    Gorbachev

    ReplyDelete