Whatever else may divide us, Europe is our common home; a common fate has linked us through the centuries, and it continues to link us today.
-Leonid I. Brezhnev

Friday, April 15, 2011

My Position as General Secretary


Hello my blog readers. I had a very nostalgic feeling today when I witnessed a presidential election, as it reminded me of my own. I remember clearly now, how I became General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. It started when my good friend whom I met when I was drafted for war, Nikita Khrushchev, started to grow slightly dull in doing his job as General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. Because of this, he lost the popularity and support from his colleagues and supporters. I remember that I was recently promoted to the position of Secretary of the Central Committee, which actually put me as next in line if something were to happen to Khrushchev. This got me thinking a bit on what I could accomplish. In the end, Khrushchev promoted me to Second Secretary, also known as the deputy party leader. From there, things started to become easier to do, as Khrushchev was already not very popular anymore, and everyone knew that I was capable of doing this job. So After Khrushchev returned from his vacation near the Black Sea, we starting putting our plot into action. We phoned him one day and told him that there was a problem that needed tending in Moscow. He somehow figured out what was going to happen, but made no effort to stop it. So he was trialed against many different charges. Since the jury was a supporter of me, they immediately deemed him guilty, which brought me my position of General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. How great I felt that day… Well, I must be going now. I bid all my readers good bye, and will talk to you all later.

1 comment:

  1. How unfortunate such a man with a great mind had to work as the head of the Soviet Union. Your very country had caused a division between the west and east because compromise could not be met for so long. What is in offering freedom to the people of OTHER countries that is so unacceptable to the Soviets? Loss of power? That is just an unacceptably selfish excuse. In order to work for peace, all countries must compromise together, but that was not met. Yes, you were less unruly than the other rulers, but the Soviet Union still was in conflict with the United States for the mere security of the spread of communism and power of the Soviet Union.
    -George Kennan

    ReplyDelete