Whatever else may divide us, Europe is our common home; a common fate has linked us through the centuries, and it continues to link us today.
-Leonid I. Brezhnev

Friday, April 15, 2011

Leo's Blog

Hello my blog readers. I am Leonid Ilyich Brezhnev, leader of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, or the USSR.  I was born in a town called Kamenskoe to a family of metallurgists in December 19th, 1906. We weren’t a very rich family, but we were prosperous.  I had an average childhood, and attended and graduated from Dniprodzerzhynsk Metallurgical Technicum. After I graduated from a metallurgy college, I decided to join the Communist Union of Youth, which was also known as Komsomol. I was very interested in the government system of communism and enjoyed it. When I was old enough to do so, I joined the Communist Party of the Soviet Union and was very content with my position. I had an active role in the Communist Party and was very involved in it. But I was then drafted into a required military service in the year 1936. I spent time gaining experience and increasing in rank. I ended up becoming a political commissar that was stationed in a tank factory. About three years later, I was promoted to Party Secretary of Dnipropetrovsk, which was a very prestigious promotion.  Dnipropetrovsk was a very important military compound, and for one to be put in charge of it is a great honor. A few years following that came the time when Nazi Germany invaded my homeland. So I was chosen as a draft to serve for my country. I was put to the test by this position in the military, as war can be very hard to cope with. But after all of the chaos, we had won the war, and all was peaceful for the time being. I also made many friends during that war. I met Nikita Khrushchev during this war, and that was a life changing person I met. I retired from the war with the status of Major General. When I came back to the political world, I was once again promoted to the rank of First Secretary of the Communist Party in Dnipropetrovsk. Four years later, I achieved the title of deputy of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union, which was one of the most powerful positions in the country. At this time, i was a man with great power and a good governmental job. I thought it couldn’t get any better, but was proven wrong when I successfully overthrew the old general secretary, who was also my good friend, Nikita Khrushchev. I was the new General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. My reign as the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union was one of the longest periods in history. My reign is apparently the second longest reign in history. It is only second to the reign of Joseph Stalin. Things seem to be going well at the moment, and I seem to have caught up to present time in my post. So until something interesting happens or until I feel that I should relate something of my past, I bid you good bye.

1 comment:

  1. Hey. It Federico Fellini. Since you reprisent the Russian people I would like to thank you for having me over last year for that moscow film festival in 1963. I enjoyed it very much. I look forward to coming back some time.

    ReplyDelete